Thursday, May 5, 2011

Want the best secret to getting your videos to go viral?

Want to get your video to go viral?  Here's a quick tip: Have John Mayer blog about it!

Read on, and please re-tweet, re-blog, or re-post this to help Ken get his video going viral!

John came to Berklee to do a songwriting clinic for a few selected students, one of whom is a friend of the club, Ken Yates.  Since then, John has been radio silent on his blog (for over a month), but as of Thursday morning at 1AM, John Mayer posted the following entry, titled:
"Want to hear a great song? (I mean a REALLY great song?)"






Want to hear a great song? (I mean a REALLY great song?)
I taught a songwriting class at Berklee College of Music in Boston in March where I heard so many talented songwriters play some really great songs. Very few of the students have yet to record the songs they played for me, but Ken Yateswrote a tune called “I Don’t Wanna Fall in Love” and posted a live video of it on YouTube. This song moved me when I first heard it in the room and it still does today.
I love teaching at Berklee because I get to meet the artists that are going to keep the music world going strong
before the rest of the world does.
Enjoy, two years early.
(lots of love to everyone else that day who fearlessly played their songs for myself and the rest of the room.)
-JM

No comments:

Post a Comment